Affirmation

Spring break is over and I just returned from a 1200 mile trip in the ol’ minivan. I was gone five days, ate in a restaurant one time (trying for legal) and boy am I glad for what the SCD has done for me.

Not once in all those miles, in all that time away from an easy bathroom did I feel the need to desperately find a toilet. Not even close.

I didn’t worry. I wasn’t anxious. I was very relaxed.

Thank you Elaine.

Advertisements

10 Responses to “Affirmation”

1. 1 Karen April 7, 2010 at 10:20 pm

So glad you had a nice trip. I too am thankful for the SCD and the ability I now have to LIVE!

2. 3 scdhorse April 8, 2010 at 6:22 am

That is great news Paul, congratulations. Shows the ends justify the means. It is nice to know that that is going to be me someday soon!

Mike

3. 5 Shannon April 8, 2010 at 7:10 am

So did you go back on the SCD or are you eating a non-SCD diet still?

• 6 Paul Stocker April 9, 2010 at 7:26 am

Shannon,

I am almost entirely SCD. If I had to put a number on it, I’d say I was 95% legal. This means that I only cheat occasionally and not in large quantities.

-Paul

4. 7 Denise Therese April 8, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Ditto, Karen! I’ve been three years on the SCD, and thank God, I can do whatever I want to do!

5. 9 Eva April 11, 2010 at 11:16 am

Congratulations Paul!

A year of SCD has enabled us to have an anxiety free long weekend in the city (kitchen facilities in the hotel) – and no worries about toilets during the long drive or while sight seeing and shopping.

Indeed, thank you Elaine and the SCD communities online.

Eva